Saturday, April 21, 2012

Take Two

I must begin with a confession. Blogging is intimidating. I have stalked blog after blog, only to stunt my own creativity and make my head spin. I created this blog about a month ago (maybe even a little over a month ago) and quickly became so overwhelmed that I quit. So here I am again, ready for "take 2" and armed to embrace this virtual world. My weapon of defense? Simplicity. This may not be the most aesthetically appealing blog and there may be no scheduled posts, in no particular order. But it will most certainly still achieve our main objective, which is to document our story. 

There is so much to say about where Mustache Man (Alec) and I are today. Long story short, Mustache Man and I both moved to Eugene, Oregon just over a year ago. This was our attempt to learn what it means to be a disciple. I can't emphasize the following statement enough. It is by the grace of God that I survived this far. Thank God I did not know how hard it would be, I wouldn't have come. Anyways, since our initial move, we have encountered a lot of changes. Of course we moved across the country, changed jobs, got engaged, got married, grew a gnarly handle-bar mustache (obviously not me), changed jobs again, and have somehow managed to remain sane in the process. That was your "in less than 60 seconds 2011 recap." However, in an effort to be honest and provide the public with a look at how we operate, it is most appropriate that we begin with our engagement story. But not until tomorrow, I am drained. Grammar drives me mad.

-Freckles (Holleigh)

1 comment: